Stay safe, wear a mask
It is important that as many people as possible wear a nonmedical or homemade mask when leaving their homes. View instructions for how to make a homemade mask
Download the free COVID Alert PA app to add your phone to the fight against COVID-19. Get exposure alerts without compromising your privacy or personal information.
Need a Covid Test?
Are you currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms? Have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the past 10 days? Have you been exposed to a confirmed positive COVID-19 case in the past 14 days?
No script is needed for testing. It is also available with or without insurance!
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 724-947-2257.
Upcoming test sites include:
Burgettstown: Every Tuesday (3 pm – 5 pm)
- 1227 Smith Twp State Road, Burgettstown, PA 15021
Rogersville: Every Thursday (3 pm – 5 pm)
- 140 Church Street, Rogersville, PA 15259
McDonald: October 20th, November 4th, November 18th (10 am – 3 pm)
- Corner of Lincoln Avenue and Arabella Street
Clairton: October 23rd (9 am – 1 pm)
- 501 Waddell Avenue, Clairton, PA 15025
Clairton: October 28th (12 pm – 3:30pm)
- (Mt. Olive Baptist Church) 451 Park Avenue, Clairton, PA 15025
Clairton: October 30th (9 am – 1 pm)
- (First United Methodist Church) 500 Thompson Avenue, Clairton, PA 15025
*Specimens are collected at our site and sent to the national laboratories. Results time may vary based on national demand.
What is COVID-19?
The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person-to-person.
COVID-19 is spread just like the flu or a cold:
- Through the air by coughing or sneezing
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it
- Occasionally, fecal contamination
The symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Reported illnesses have ranged from people with little to no symptoms to people being severely ill and dying. Symptoms can include:
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
To best protect yourself and loved ones from COVID-19:
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
- Contain: If you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
Visit the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Data In Motion for a 60-second, daily summary of the most important COVID-19 data in the U.S.
For a COVID-19 crash course and important updates, please visit coronavirus.jhu.edu/news
For frequently asked questions and resources, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s website.